Aftermarket Sales Engineer
About The Company
Headquartered in Connecticut for over 150 years, with over 250M in annual sales is a global leader in the design, development and distribution of extrusion and converting technology.
More than 14 product lines to support manufacturing applications and customers within every major industry. This includes the agriculture, automotive, construction, healthcare, energy, electronics, food and beverage packaging, and retail industries, among others. Over 1400 employees worldwide and a network of independent sales agents and suppliers in nearly every country, they are committed to engineering equipment that is cost-effective, environmentally friendly, and offers a high return on investment.
The company has 3 manufacturing and technical facilities in the United States, as well as subsidiaries with facilities in China, Germany and the United Kingdom.
What Is In It For You
- Competitive base salaries, commissions, company car, profit sharing, 401k, health and dental.
- An environment conducive to growth personally and professionally.
- Continued investment into company organically and through acquisition.
- Extensive relocation package to meet the needs of their employees.
Your Unique Role
An important leadership position, reporting to the Vice President of Aftermarket Sales.
- - You will be responsible for ensuring that the customer receives the best technical sales/service possible through processing of orders, general correspondence, and coordination with other company functions such as purchasing, production, engineering, and shipping.
- - In this role you will address all technical aspects of customer inquiries, quotations, and after sales assistance.
- - You will ensure that the customer receives the sales, engineering, and technical support necessary to provide solutions that meet their needs.
- - You will prepare sales quotations including design recommendations, cost, and technical data.
- - Coordinate with Project management to follow sales orders through engineering, manufacturing, purchasing, and billing from order entry to shipping.
- - Follow-up with the customer after shipment to ensure that the equipment purchased operates properly and in accordance with the job specifications.
- - Provide technical support to outside sales force.
- - Identify areas where we can improve customer satisfaction and repeat business, then communicate those issues and possible solutions to upper management.
Seeking A Candidate With
- Working knowledge of converting industry or technical sales of converting equipment, project engineering and/or machinery companies.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent technical degree/experience.
- Customer-focused, proactive mindset with a bias towards exceeding commitments and deadlines.
- Working knowledge of cost estimating.
- Highly developed technical writing skills and the ability to resolve technical questions and/or problems.
Traveling to customers to troubleshoot, build relationships, and preform audits as needed.