About The Company
Founded over 100 years ago, our client is one of the leading
paint and coatings companies in the world. With more than 156
manufacturing facilities, our client is known worldwide for helping
customers enhance more surfaces through the latest science and
technology in glass and coatings, impacting the Automotive, Marine,
Architecture, Packaging, and Residential Construction markets.
What Is In It For You
- Competitive base salary
- 401k with 6% Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursment
- Tremendous advancement opportunities
Your Unique Role
As a Battery Research
Scientist/Engineer, you will work with other chemists and technicians on electrode coatings for Energy Research team. As part of capability team, you will engage in front end research to develop new innovations for solid state or lithium-ion batteries.
- - Plan, direct, and execute innovation in Li-ion or solid state battery electrode coatings and formulation research.
- - Mentoring technical team members on a regular basis; effectively communicating key results to partners; lead a team to solve technical problems.
- - Drive both day-to-day and strategic project results that require considerable technical know-how; adhering to timelines associated with projects.
- - Identify and monitor intellectual property by working with attorneys and team members to draft intellectual property to aid in the development of cross business unit strategies for key discoveries.
- - Functional management of specific projects & people. Working with the head of the department to assess talent.
Seeking A Candidate With
- Ph.D. in Engineering, Materials Science, or Chemistry with at least 5 years of industry experience. Masters or B.S. in similar field with at least 10 years of industry experience.
- Previous experience in electrode manufacturing, application process, life cycle analysis, or solid-state battery R&D experience.
- A track record of technical success is required, and a history of commercialization and collaboration with business partners in industry is preferred.
- Pittsburgh, PA
- - Second largest city in Pennsylvania
- - Excellent schools
- - Renowned museums, medical facilities, parks, research centers, and libraries.
- - Professional sports teams
- - Earned “America’s Most Livable City” from Forbes and National Geographic