About The Company
Our client is a leading thermoplastic compounder and masterbatch manufacturer. They have two locations and employ over 260. At these two sites, capacity now exceeds 300 million pounds of production per year. This is a fast-growing family-owned business, highly respected for providing the best value and highest quality carbon black master-batches, conductive concentrates and compounds, wood polymer composites, and a variety of color, specialty, and additive products. They are consistently ranked among the top manufacturers of black concentrates in the US. Their products are found in FDA food packaging in the US to agricultural geomembranes in South America and Europe.
What Is In It For You
- Growth plans for a new 360 sq ft manufacturing facility and warehouse, to include multiple capacity Twin Screw extruders, and state of the art Laboratory Capabilities.
- Full Health Insurance/80% paid by the company.
- 401K company match
- Bonus up to 3X Salary
- A family-oriented culture where decisions are made quickly
Your Unique Role
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager. This is an important leadership role, heading up the Lab equipped with state-of-the-art analytical tools such as FTIR, TGA, DSC, Spectrophotometer, Torque rheometer, and Parallel plate rheology.
- - You will supervise 6 Lab Techs and 1 Lab Supervisor.
- - You will be responsible for organizing work schedule and ensuring techs are following daily quality procedures.
- - You are responsible for Color Correction of process materials.
- - Formulation development of color concentrates matching and quality control.
- - Troubleshoot production problems.
- - Contribute to Management Team
Seeking A Candidate With
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or related field or equivalent work experience in Color Matching
- 3+ years of experience in lab leadership role, color concentrates, compounded resin, or polymers.
- Self-motivated while at the same time a team player.
- Excellent written verbal and presentation.
- Houston, TX
- A location known for low cost of living (NO state income tax!) and great weather.