About The Position
The Controller will play a key role in the continued development of the accounting and finance department and team within a fast paced, rapidly expanding manufacturing environment and will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer.
This is a great opportunity to join a resilient and growing organization whose goal is to become a leader in their industry. This individual will have primary responsibility for the full cycle close and all reconciliations of accounts. This position will also be responsible for managing the day-to-day accounting team and processes and will be a hands-on manager that will ensure proper accounting of business results as well as improve the quality of data on which decisions are made.
- Manage the period-end general ledger close and management reporting cycles of a single reporting entity.
- Responsible for the timely preparation of period end financial statements in accordance with GAAP.
- Manage and mentor the accounting team.
- Assist with developing, documenting and implementing/managing internal financial controls.
- Lead process improvements, automation and streamlining efforts.
- Within the ERP system, work with other functional areas on integration issues and the determination of appropriate workflows.
- Manage the annual financial statement audit.
- Budget and forecast preparation.
- Manage preparation of required materials for audit and tax; serve as primary contact with independent auditors for annual audits.
- Maintain expertise in applicable accounting principles and help ensure that new accounting guidance is appropriately considered and implemented.
- Accounting leadership experience within a manufacturing environment is required.
- BA/BS degree required and CPA is preferred but not required.
- Extensive knowledge of GAAP, specifically as it relates to a manufacturing organization.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities in a fast-paced, results driven environment.
- Working knowledge of short and long-term budgeting and forecasting, rolling budgets, and product-line profitability analysis.
- Experience with managing the corporate audit process.
- Experience working with ERP systems, Syspro knowledge preferred.
- Proficient with Windows operating system, including Excel, Outlook, Explorer, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of internal control policies and procedures.
Interested? Apply TODAY!