About The Company
Our client is a recognized leader in the plastic packaging industry known for decades of innovation in custom blow molded solutions for food & beverage, CPG, household chemical, personal care, healthcare and many other applications. They are a top 10 producer of custom plastic packaging with over $1B in annual sales and manufacturing locations across the country.
- Currently investing in growth within the PET market for cold fill and hot fill applications and various production technologies including IBM, ISBM, Flex Blow, etc.
- State of the art design center that recently received a major makeover to provide a truly unique customer experience and a fun, dynamic work environment for the design team.
- Committed to sustainability with internal recycling capabilities, rapidly increasing use of PCR in their packaging products to help their customers achieve their sustainability goals.
Your Unique Role
Will be responsible for leading design projects and overall innovation within PET bottle & preform solutions for customer applications, including taking an active role in the thought leadership of hot-fill technology. This is a customer facing design role that is involved in every step of the design process from inception to manufacturing. Creativity is key as this person will work with customers on renderings & sketches of initial design concepts and then take through the 3D design process.
You will be relied upon as a key member of a small team that is dedicated to the company’s growth strategy within PET injection & injection stretch blow molding technologies and capabilities.
What Is In It For You?
- While the company is large enough to offer incredible resources and vast career opportunities, the lead Design Engineers remain very visible and influential within the organization.
- A strong company culture that supports employee’s individual’s efforts, values creativity and believes that everyone should have a voice within the company.
- Competitive compensation, benefits, bonuses, and career growth opportunities.
Seeking a Candidate With:
- 3D design software experience (for example: SolidWorks, Pro-E, Creo, Catia), specifically with the design of preforms and/or PET bottles.
- Engineering degree strongly preferred, but a combination of experience and education will be considered for the right individual.
- A thorough understanding of injection blow technologies, capabilities, and applications. A preference for someone who has worked on hot-fill applications but not a requirement.
- Strong work ethic and values that match the company’s commitment to providing a strong employee culture and trusted solution provider to their customers.
- Greater Atlanta, GA area
- A city known for being the center of the blow molding industry.
- Home to several large blow molding processors, equipment companies and end users.
- A growing metropolis surrounded by outstanding suburban areas.
- Top notch schools, outdoor activities, and weather that is enjoyable year round.