About The Company
A “Hyper-Growth” company founded in 1997, with dedicated PVC professionals determined to meet the global quality challenges facing the industry. After 19 years of successfully growing, in 2016 acquired by private equity taking on new product development and geographic expansion, from two manufacturing facilities to five. Enjoying a reputation for manufacturing the highest quality advanced polymers, custom plastics, and compounds for applications in siding, deck and rail, window and door, recreational, automotive, wire and cable, battery and footwear just to name a few. With new product innovations in 1600 new products the company has one of the most comprehensive in the industry. It includes rigid and flexible PVC compounds, TPR, TPE, TPO, CPE alloys, LSOH, SBS, SEBS, PVC/acrylic alloys, and foam compounds. Also offering flame – retardant concentrates, purging compounds and color matching.
- In the past three years, it has added 150 new customers.
Your Unique Role
The Director of Technology, reports directly to the Senior Vice President of Marketing, Innovation, & Business Development. You are the senior leader of the Flexible Compounding group. Your team of 6 will formulate 60% Flexible PVC compounds,40% TPEs-SBS and SBR, working with operations on scale-ups and provide technical assistance to procurement, sales and to customers to deliver rapid growth in the Wire & Cable industry.
- You will work very closely with the Manager of Technical Service.
- You manage a team responsible for planning and performing research activities developing new and improved products, processes, and services.
- You manage research activities in the application of scientific or engineering principles to product development process.
- You develop project plans, reviews research specifications, secures resources, monitors project progress, and provides regular reports to leadership teams.
- You provide expertise in the analysis and interpretation of results or data.
- You ensure that all laboratory activities comply with regulatory guidelines, and quality and/or performance standards.
- You ensure projects adhere to established timelines and budgets.
What Is In It For You?
- Fast-paced, team-oriented culture with extreme dedication to customer service.
- 40% Organic growth offering a ton of advancement opportunities.
- Very competitive base salary with extreme bonus potential.
- 401K is vested immediately and matches up to 9%
Seeking a Candidate With:
- MS degree or higher in Chemistry, Polymer Science, Materials or Chemical Engineering
- 8+ years’ experience formulating new polymer compound products, Flexible PVC, TPO, TPE or TPR
- 5+ years’ experience in managing customer technical service
- 3+ years’ experience managing an R&D team of 4 or more
- Must have experience in the Wire and Cable market
- Deep working knowledge of UL and CE process approval standards
- 25% travel
- Lunenberg, MA
- A town in Worcester County
- Historic small town, founded in 1782
- 1 hour from Boston.
- Excellent Schools