About The Company
Founded 40 years ago, privately held, ISO 9001-2015 and 13485-2016 certified, my client is a full-service plastic injection molding company specializing in prototype injection molding, low-volume production, and mold making.
With 160 associates, they provide technology leadership and performance excellence in the medical, aerospace, military, packaging, food service, industrial and consumer products markets. Their manufacturing facilities offer an ISO class 7 clean room, 31 molding machines ranging in size from 33 to 950 tons, 16 CNC machines including 5 axis, plus Makino wire and EDM CNC machines.
One challenge all companies face, whether they are a small entrepreneurial firm or a large global enterprise, is the need to get new products to market quickly and efficiently. The flexibility in tooling options we offer our customers allows us to match their unique needs with our capabilities. Depending on customer requirements, we can quickly build all-aluminum molds, aluminum-and-steel combinations, or all-steel molds.
Your Unique Role
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, you will manage complex injection molding and tooling projects while collaborating with suppliers, customers, and team members.
- Oversee all interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of all commitments made relative to product development timelines, delivery, quality and the required business metrics.
- NPD/NPI; early involvement with customers and internal teams during the DFM process.
- Participate in design and process review to ensure correct specifications for each project.
- Develop manufacturing procedures; tooling, fixtures, and process to meet customer expectations.
- Follow-up on new/existing business development/opportunities and interact with customers.
- Administer the program management process by providing necessary program status reports to customers.
- Coordinate with tooling, production, purchasing and Quality on schedules to meet deadlines.
- Coordinate with QE’s for support and early involvement on all related programs.
- Implements new job setup, project outline, contract review process and approvals.
What Is In It For You?
- World-class medical benefits
- Significant growth potential
- Relocation Assistance
- Stable company with tenured workforce.
Seeking a Candidate With:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering; Bachelor’s Degree in Plastics strongly preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in Plastics Injection Molding manufacturing environment
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues at all levels in the organization.
- Strong Customer relationship management skills.
- Follow the engineering department; infrastructure, procedures and policies including the use and utilization of proper company forms.
- Well-organized and goal-orientated
- Demonstrated experience at implementing continuous improvement, lean or other process improvement techniques.
- Knowledge of operations, including scheduling, procurement, and quality systems
- Accomplishes strategic objectives by managing and maintaining multiple project activities
- Develop and implement recovery plans for off-schedule and unanticipated eventualities
- Intimate knowledge of program management; PMP preferred or equivalent experience
- CAD experience/knowledge a plus
- Port Richey, FL
- Located along the Gulf of Mexico about 35 miles northwest of Tampa.
- - New Port Richey’s riverfront landscape blends nature, beaches and terrific shopping with restaurants, culture and business – all with a small-town feel
- - New Port Richey is considered part of the Tampa Bay area, a popular tourist destination with major attractions, recreation, sports and culture