Medical Device Tooling Engineer
Grow Your Career with a Global Leader!
My client is $26 Billion global powerhouse of Manufacturing Services has made many recent acquisitions.
Purchasing reputable Mold Making and Molding organizations to integrate into a diversified and segmented full solutions--Plastics Conglomerate---to handle all precision molding for their diverse customer base.
The leading company when it comes to sketch-to-scale that designs and builds medical products for a connected world, they provide innovative products and services to companies of all sizes in every industry and end market with their health segment providing complete innovation, design, build and service solutions that make their customers the most competitive when it comes to medical devices, drug delivery, diagnostics, and medical equipment.
With a state of the art clean room, high volume production capabilities via their 42,000 sq. foot facility housing over 25 presses and still growing! Although backed by such a strong parent organization, still holds the small company feel and this year alone they have won numerous awards.
Employee Centered Culture
- Target bonus paid quarterly
- Excellent 401K with company match
- World-class Medical Benefits
- Significant Growth Potential
- Company strives to promote within
- Relocation Package
Your Unique Role
You will be responsible for managing complex injection molding tooling projects for Medical and consumer products while coordinating with other team members during mold qualifications, sampling and final part approval.
- - Quote large injection mold tooling projects
- - Involved in troubleshooting issues with production molds
- - Develop outside tooling sources and coordinate tool repairs when needed.
- - Involvement in DFM / FMEA activities both internally and with customers and be the point of contact for outside customers
What we're looking for:
- Previous years experience in plastic injection mold manufacturing
- Relevant experience in a regulated industry (Medical, automotive, electronics)
- Previous validation activities and troubleshooting
- Experience in qualification of complex, high cavitation, multi-shot tight tolerance molds
- Knowledge of Injection Mold design and Injection mold processing techniques
- Hartford, CT area (Manchester, CT)
- - Located in the North East; in an area known for culture, history, and quality of life. Located halfway between New York and Boston with an hour drive to both.
- - Manchester has the perfect blend of small town feel with big city convenience. Just a short drive outside of the capitol city, Manchester offers plenty of shopping, dining and attractions for all to enjoy.
- - Right outside Hartford, the Capitol city and home to some of the largest corporations in Connecticut that provide over 65,000 jobs right here in Hartford. As the seat of state government and as an employment center, Hartford is a great place to live, work, and play if you want to be close to work and close to home.
- - Area offers such a dynamic blend of things to do. From beautiful beaches along the Connecticut coast to scenic green trails throughout the state. From some of the world’s most exciting casino resorts to some of New England’s most picturesque camping grounds. From challenging adventure parks to stimulating museums. They’re all so close to you — and all so close to each other.