About The Position
The Sales Manager / Director will report directly to the CEO and will be responsible for managing and developing profitable sales growth for the organization. The position’s focus will be to create new business opportunities by targeting potential customers in the CPG, Food & Beverage and other markets, as well as building on existing customer relationships, and working alongside the CEO, to develop a comprehensive sales strategy to grow the company. Duties include market analysis, forecasting and achieving annual objectives for sales growth.
Customer relationships include major brand owners (CPG, F&B, etc) and converters of plastic packaging (IBM, ISBM, thermoformers, etc).
This position will play a critical role in the development of new business opportunities to support the planned growth and increased capacity at the facilities. This individual must have the ability to help solve customer issues and deliver solutions. This Sales Manager role will grow into a leadership position as this individual builds a salesforce to achieve the company’s aggressive growth plans.
- Develop new opportunities to grow the business by targeting potential customers in the food & beverage, CPG and converter markets.
- Identify viable leads, manage prospects and acquire new, profitable business to meet and exceed targeted revenue goals.
- Develop, execute and manage sales plans, sales budgets, and expense budgets.
- Create and maintain customer data and sales KPIs.
- Maintain an awareness of market trends and competitive technology and pricing in the market to anticipate changing regulations and customer needs.
- Manage company’s presence at industry events, trade shows and technical conferences.
- Travel as needed to company facilities, customers and converters.
- Bachelor’s Degree is desired, advanced or technical degree a plus.
- Experience in New Business Development of polymer materials or converted plastic packaging products.
- Working knowledge of the CPG, Food & Beverage packaging, and packaging converter markets and customers.
- Ability to develop sales strategy, working with senior leadership, to achieve aggressive sales objectives and growth of business.
- Experience in hiring, developing and managing sales professionals.