Senior Controls Project Engineer
About The Company
Headquartered in Connecticut for over 150 years, with over 250M in annual sales is a global leader in the design, development and distribution of extrusion and converting technology.
More than 14 product lines to support manufacturing applications and customers within every major industry. This includes the agriculture, automotive, construction, healthcare, energy, electronics, food and beverage packaging, and retail industries, among others. Over 1400 employees worldwide and a network of independent sales agents and suppliers in nearly every country, they are committed to engineering equipment that is cost-effective, environmentally friendly, and offers a high return on investment.
The company has 3 manufacturing and technical facilities in the United States, as well as subsidiaries with facilities in China, Germany and the United Kingdom.
What Is In It For You
- Competitive base salaries, profit sharing, 401k, health and dental.
- An environment conducive to growth personally and professionally.
- Continued investment into company organically and through acquisition.
- Extensive relocation package to meet the needs of their employees.
- Exciting work environment, working with consumer products and non-monotonous projects.
Your Unique Role
An important leadership position, reporting to the Director of Engineering.
- You will design, develop, and test all aspects of controls components, equipment, and machinery.
- Responsible for coordinating solutions for project issues from the project beginning until completion and acceptance by the customer.
- Lead engineering projects start to finish while controlling budget and schedule.
- You will Coordinate the review of the mechanical and electrical design to ensure it meets engineering specifications and sequence of operation.
- Involved with the integration of all components in the general arrangement drawing.
- You will control the interface between mechanical and controls engineering.
- Lead controls engineering and automation aspects on sold projects.
- Work on control system hardware design including electrical schematics, control panel layouts, an BOMs using AutoCAD.
- Program PLCs and HMIs on Rockwell and Siemens control platforms.
- Support field installation and commissioning efforts.
- Conduct shop floor testing of equipment prior to shipment.
Seeking A Candidate With
- Experience working within automated control systems.
- BS in Engineering or related field.
- AUTOCAD and Solidworks experience.
- Experience working within the capital equipment industry.
- Upstate New York
- 10-20% travel
- Schedule a call, TODAY!