About The Company
Headquartered in Connecticut for over 150 years, with over 250M in annual sales is a global leader in the design, development and distribution of extrusion and converting technology.
More than 14 product lines to support manufacturing applications and customers within every major industry. This includes the agriculture, automotive, construction, healthcare, energy, electronics, food and beverage packaging, and retail industries, among others. Over 1400 employees worldwide and a network of independent sales agents and suppliers in nearly every country, they are committed to engineering equipment that is cost-effective, environmentally friendly, and offers a high return on investment.
The company has 3 manufacturing and technical facilities in the United States, as well as subsidiaries with facilities in China, Germany and the United Kingdom.
What Is In It For You
- Competitive base salaries, commissions, company car, profit sharing, 401k, health and dental.
- An environment conducive to growth personally and professionally.
- Continued investment into company organically and through acquisition.
- Extensive relocation package to meet the needs of their employees.
- Exciting work environment, working with new product development and non-monotonous projects.
Your Unique Role
An important leadership position, reporting to the Mechanical Engineering Manager
- - You will design continuous web handling machinery to sold specifications.
- - Solve complex machinery designs.
- - Calculate stress, deflections, and theoretical analysis.
- - Lead efforts of other designers on larger projects.
- - Coordinate the scope of requirements between the controls and mechanical groups.
- - You will provide sales with technical help on customer presentations and proposals.
- - Participate in customer sales meetings and be able to lead other designers and draftspersons.
- - Design in both 3d and 2D CAD applications. Solidworks/AutoCAD
Seeking A Candidate With
- Design of mechanical systems and/or machined components.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering with a focus in design.
- AUTOCAD and Solidworks experience.
- Experience working within the capital equipment/heavy machinery industry.
- Upstate New York
- Up to 5% travel for customer visits, vendor meetings, and startups are required.