About The Company
Our client is an international leader of Synthetic Rubber. Established in 1973 as a sole synthetic rubber manufacturer, the company has become a leader in today’s synthetic rubber and Styrenic Block Copolymers. A 1B$ organization with 1700 employees, the annual output of SBR, BR, NBR, TPE compounding has reached 805,000 tons. All its manufacturing plants have obtained QC 080000 and ISO 50001 international certifications. In 2011 through a US based acquisition, they integrated high-end products and advanced technologies complementing its global product development strategies. Recently investing a brand-new state of the art 2M$ R&D facility, conveniently located in Houston, TX.
What Is In It For You
- Employee centered culture, committed to growth and innovation.
- Competitive base salary + bonus
- Excellent benefits
- Full relocation
- Advancement opportunities
- Houston, TX
- A location known for low cost of living (NO state income tax!) and great weather.
Your Unique Role
The Sr Application Development Engineer is an important role reporting directly to the R&D Manager. You are responsible for defining, leading, and driving new application development projects that involve polymer compounding, formulation-property correlation, application testing, and production scale-up.
You will be the subject matter expert for TPE application & development within non-woven and/or film applications. You will travel about 10% domestically and internationally, you are the hands-on technical support for BU on strategic planning, market developments, regular project updates, key customer visits, conferences & tradeshow appendance & technical service, exploring opportunities for business growth.
- - Design and conduct experiments to test, prove or hypotheses and value propositions.
- - Establish application process and special application test methods.
- - Works with patent counsel to support patentability/infringement searches and preparation of applicants. Maintain awareness of competitive technologies and intellectual properties.
Seeking A Candidate With
Strong analytical and problem anticipation & solving skills. To be successful in this role you must be innovative, able to think outside the box, and be creative. Track record of application development experience of film and/or non-woven fabric.
- Master’s degree with 5+ years’ experience in polymer application development, or bachelor’s degree with 8 + years of experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in formulation, compounding, testing and characterization of polymeric compound properties.
- Good understanding of the functions of each component of the compounds.
- Good knowledge of common application process.
- Experience in Design of Experiment (DOE).
- Ability to set goals & objectives and identify resources/processes necessary to accomplish them.
- Experience in multitask management.
- Strong experience in intellectual properties and patent applications.