About The Company
Founded in 1996 and publicly traded, my client sets the standard for innovation in automated molecular diagnostics.
Now, even with the largest installed base of any molecular platform, they are constantly innovating and evolving their capabilities. The technology has been heralded as game-changing by healthcare leaders world-wide and they envision a better way for clinical institutions of any size, from small medical clinics to high-volume reference laboratories and major hospitals, to access the power of molecular diagnostics.
With a patient-centric approach my client is striving to deliver the benefits of seamlessly accessible molecular testing closer to the patient, enabling a higher quality of care, lower costs, and improved outcomes.
What Is In It For You
- Employee Centered Culture
- 401k with company match
- Health Insurance
- Very low turnover & stable work environment that is growing rapidly!
Your Unique Role
Reporting to the Director of Technical Operations you will be collaborating with the Operations team, supplier development group, and other internal cross functional groups to achieve organizational goals and objectives such as improve supplier output, improve OEE, and reduce scrap. Partnering with the Supplier Development team you will manage troubleshooting and problem solving with suppliers for issues, problems, defects that prevent achievement of target outputs and OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness) while collaborating with internal Subject Matter Experts (SME’s) to identify and develop Best Known Methods in areas of Injection molding and deploy them at Suppliers as well as monitor supplier output and aid in the development, and management of a Virtual Plastics Factory.
- - Manage post launch ramp up of production from Injection molding at Suppliers.
- - Monitor daily, weekly, monthly Supplier output data/reports and identify opportunities for improvement.
- - In partnership with Supplier Development team, Manage troubleshooting and problem solving with suppliers for issues, problems, defects that prevent achievement of target outputs and OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness).
- - Team up with Supplier Development team for deployment of BKM’s at supplier. Conduct meetings, organize training for deployment of BKM’s at Suppliers.
- - Release BKM documents in Agile. Maintain BKM knowledge database and through revision control ensure the documents are most current.
- - Evaluate technical capabilities at supplier sites and drive improvements, address gaps.
- - Identify, quantify, prioritize, and drive supplier improvement projects
- - Responsible for maintaining long term validated state of the mold and driving process and tooling
- - Supporting manufacturing operation activities such as data analysis, design, implementation, and validation
- - Troubleshoot and resolve problems with production processes, equipment and tools.
- - Work with Validations, quality system requirements by using scientific injection molding principles
Seeking A Candidate With
- Bachelor’s degree in Plastics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Polymers (or relevant field)
- Demonstrated experience in Injection molding & tooling development.
- Understanding of plastics materials, plastics processing and plastics part design.
- Previous tooling and project management experience in an injection molding manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated experience with Injection molding process and controls
- Familiar with DOE, Molding Process window development.
- Familiar with ISO and GMPMD requirements
- Ability to work at Supplier sites and office environment, onsite at Lodi, Ca, work remotely.
Some travel domestically and internationally is required (25%)
- Lodi, CA
- Located in Northern, CA just 50 miles south of Sacramento
- - Scenically nestled between the San Francisco Bay and the Sierra Nevada Mountains with over 90 wineries
- - Historic downtown with 5-star restaurants and unique shopping
- - Home to The San Joaquin County Historical Museum, Micke Grove Zoo, Hill House Museum, Lodi Serpentarium or World of Wonders Science Museum
- - Shop Lodi’s charming historic downtown
- - Plenty of golf, bike trails, and other outdoor adventures.