Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
About The Company
Our client manufactures versatile packaging machinery for the food, beverage, pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, personal care, household, and chemical industries.
Their product lines include unscramblers, orienters, cappers, retorquers, lidders, pluggers, pump placers, scoop feeders, spout inserters, hopper elevators, cap sorters, and much more. In addition to a full line of superior quality standard products, they engineer packaging machinery for special applications.
They have thousands of machines at Fortune 500 companies as well as small 'Mom and Pop' businesses. Their equipment, all designed in-house by top-of-the-line engineers, is born of raw material that is delivered daily. That material travels through their machine shop, to welding, fabrication, assembly, tuning and lastly quality control departments to become a state-of-the-art machine.
As opposed to outsourcing, they insource - thereby giving them ultimate control over lead time, fabrication, and quality of your machines. Their focus on being industry specialists allows them to provide equipment that exceeds expectations.
This coupled with their superior customer service has led to unprecedented growth and product development. They are honored to have been awarded both the Export Achievement Award given by the U.S. Commercial Service, the Governor's Business Diversification Award for export excellence, and the Florida Sterling Manufacturing Business Excellence Award.
Your Unique Role
- Design packaging machinery to meet customer specifications.
- Troubleshoot problems occurring during development, fabrication, assembly, or commissioning of machinery.
- Work with other engineering, manufacturing, sales, marketing, service, and supply chain to find the best solutions for our company and our customers.
What Is In It For You
- Excellent benefits packages including medical, vision, dental, life, disability, and a matching 401k plan.
- Excellent paid time off and holiday programs.
- Competitive salaries commensurate with experience.
- A dedicated team, committed to customer satisfaction, safety, integrity, quality, teamwork, and innovation.
Seeking A Candidate With
- Expertise in solid modeling design, using SolidWorks, Inventor, ProE or similar software.
- 5+years’ Experience in automated machinery design preferably in the packaging industry.
- Exposure to handling multiple projects with a focus on quality and “on-time” delivery.
- Working knowledge of problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience.
Located along Florida’s Gulf Coast, south of the greater Tampa Bay area and north of Sarasota, Bradenton is a wonderful place to raise a family, to work and to play. Bradenton is nestled on the beautiful Manatee River, and our Riverwalk allows many ways to enjoy the view.