About The Company
Founded over 100 years ago, our client is one of the leading
paint and coatings companies in the world. With more than 156
manufacturing facilities, our client is known worldwide for helping
customers enhance more surfaces through the latest science and
technology in glass and coatings, impacting the Automotive, Marine,
Architecture, Packaging, and Residential Construction markets.
What Is In It For You
- Competitive base salary
- Tuition Reimbursment
- Tremendous advancement opportunities
Your Unique Role
As a Senior Research Associate in the Global Polymer Synthesis organization, you will handle resin research and development activities through inventing, protecting, and scaling up novel polymers that lead to differentiated coatings. Creating groundbreaking technology through novel polymers is essential. You will pursue commercialization of growth projects.
- - Instruct technicians and fellow chemists’ safe synthetic practices for industrial lab scale functional silicone syntheses.
- - Develop and evaluate new insights to improve coating performance, meet regulatory requirements, and address unmet customer or market needs.
- - Apply fundamental chemical and material science knowledge to accelerate innovation development and new product development projects.
- - Work with chemical engineers to safely scale-up prototype polymers.
- - Conduct literature searches, market analyses, and intellectual property reviews.
Seeking A Candidate With
- M.S. or Ph. D degree in a technical field such as Chemistry, Polymer Science, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, or Polymer Engineering and 5 or more years of industry experience.
- Expertise in the synthesis of silicones, polysiloxanes, silanes in industrial laboratories is a requirement.
- Strong chemistry, polymer, and material science knowledge.
- Strong leadership experience.
- Pittsburgh, PA
- - Second largest city in Pennsylvania
- - Excellent schools
- - Renowned museums, medical facilities, parks, research centers, and libraries.
- - Professional sports teams
- - Earned “America’s Most Livable City” from Forbes and National Geographic