The Operations Director is responsible for managing the manufacturing facilities for Verdeco’s growing line of rPET material solutions. This critical role will lead the 24x7 operation during a period of rapid growth including the expansion of an existing facility and the opening of an additional production plant in the near future.
Engineering leadership and extrusion equipment utilization and efficiency are crucial to the company’s success and profitability. By implementing continuous improvement methodologies (Lean, Six Sigma, TPM) throughout the organization, the Operations Director will make a quick impact on the company and position them for success in this competitive market.
This position will play a critical role in the development of SOP’s, hiring & training additional staff, oversight of facility expansion and improving processes.
- Manage existing manufacturing facilities on the West Coast, Midwest and future locations
- Manage and optimize extrusion equipment and processes
- Identify opportunities for improvement of manufacturing processes, OEE, Quality, Safety and other KPI’s
- Develop, execute and manage a Preventative Maintenance program and control costs associated with repairs, spare parts and unplanned downtime of machinery
- Create and maintain SOP’s
Work with Project Engineering Team to oversee new equipment installations and facility upgrades
Manage Engineering, Maintenance, Quality, Safety and Production teams
- Travel as needed to company facilities
- Work with customers to resolve and prevent quality issues
- Bachelor’s Degree is desired, technical degree preferred
- Experience in plastics is highly preferred. Plastic extrusion / compounding experience desired. rPET, PET experience helpful but not required.
- LEAN / Six Sigma experience required. Formal training or certification desired.
- Ability to drive operational excellence across multiple manufacturing facilities
- Experience in hiring, developing, training and managing production personnel