The Site Manager will report to the Director of Operations and be responsible for managing the manufacturing facility located in Southern California for the organization's growing line of custom plastic materials. This critical role will lead the 24x7 operation during a period of rapid growth for their sustainable material solutions.
Engineering and extrusion equipment utilization and efficiency are crucial to the company’s success and profitability. By implementing continuous improvement methodologies (Lean, Six Sigma, TPM) throughout the facility, the Site Manager will make a quick impact on the company and position them for success in this competitive market.
This position will play a critical role in the development of SOP’s, hiring & training additional staff, oversight of the facility and improving processes.
- Manage existing manufacturing facility on the West Coast
- Manage and optimize extrusion equipment and processes
- Identify opportunities for improvement of manufacturing processes, OEE, Quality, Safety and other KPI’s
- Work with leadership team to manage preventative maintenance program and control costs associated with repairs, spare parts and unplanned downtime of machinery
- Create and maintain SOP’s
- Manage Engineering, Maintenance, Quality, Safety and Production teams
- Work with customers to resolve and prevent quality issues
- Bachelor’s Degree is desired, technical degree preferred. Degree requirement flexible for ideal candidate with a strong plastic processing background.
- Experience in plastics is highly preferred. Plastic extrusion or compounding experience desired.
- LEAN / Six Sigma experience helpful. Formal training or certification desired.
- Ability to drive operational excellence in plastic processing lines
- Experience in hiring, developing, training and managing production personnel