The Research & Development Director is responsible for developing and commercializing custom polymer formulations and driving innovation within Verdeco’s growing line of rPET material solutions. This critical role will lead the R&D and Quality Labs at the manufacturing facilities and play an active role in the future development of a corporate innovation center.
This position will play a critical role in the development of custom rPET products for packaging and other high value applications.
Working alongside customers, you will provide hands-on formulations of next generation solutions for market challenges and position the organization as a leader in this emerging technology. You will be seen as the Subject Matter Expert internally & externally and expected to stay informed of related industry advancements.
- Hands on formulations to meet market demands and to solve challenges presented by specific applications.
- Identify opportunities and develop new products to pro-actively commercialize and take to market.
- Work with customers on specific applications and create custom rPET formulations to meet product demands.
- Manage R&D and Quality Labs and team members.
- Work with senior leadership and sales & marketing to identify opportunities for innovation.
- Travel as needed to company facilities and customers.
- Work with customers to resolve and prevent quality issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry (or similar) is required and an advanced technical degree is desired.
- Experience in custom polymer formulations of thermoplastic materials. rPET, PET, PE experience helpful, as is experience working with packaging applications.
- Experience working with customers, vendors and internal commercial team.
- Ability to drive innovation and assume role as an SME.
- Experience in hiring, developing, training and managing R&D personnel.